Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday TWO you!

I had a chance to make some cards this morning and I missed a bunch of wonderful challenges this week. I maximized my card making efforts by combining some of the challenges...

Just Add Ink - JAI41 - Just add BIRTHDAY!
Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL114 - sketch

I also wanted to challenge myself to make some MALE cards because I seem to have a lack of those and I find them the hardest to make!
Here's what I came up with...



For this gray card I gained inspiration from the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I chose this bracelet to inspire me.
I used textured paper and also textured the stars. I added a scored line and some brads. Here's a close up...




For the black card I wanted to play along with the one layer challenge - OLW26 - to use black, red and white on a one layer card. I hope punches don't disqualify this from being one layer. I wasn't sure.

I changed the scored lines for this one and also added one more brad.



So what did my husband think?.... are they good male cards?....
He said they're ok. He likes the black one better.
AGH - he's so hard to make cards for!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

I think both are great and would probably have to agree with your husband liking the black one better - but, since they're both so good it's hard to choose. When I intentionally start to make a male type card I always have this sudden urge to slap some bows, ribbon, flowers on it!!! HA!!
Like the idea of using stars - great.
Lynn

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful cards, Trish!

Nicki said...

These are great guy cards. I really like the embossing on the stars. I think the gray card is my favorite - gives a very natural, earthy, masculine feel to them. Great job!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous - love the layered elements.

Susan said...

You did great making it masculine! I need to remember to use stars! Great cards!

Danielle Daws said...

Hey, Trish, these are both great! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!