Monday, September 14, 2009

Some card tips

I made a card today that illustrates a few card-making tips...
Layers - Black layers are really stunning. Often adding a layer (or mat) adds a lot to a card.

Background - A subtle background really adds interest, but doesn't overwhelm. Texture works great.

Stampin Off - You can achieve a different look by stamping your image on a piece of scrap paper, or even stamping twice for a more faded color. You don't even have to stamp the full image on the page, but can let some fall outside the area. You also don't have to use an entire image, but can use just parts of it, which gives the stamp more versatility.

I made this card with Kind & Caring Thoughts (hostess set) and texturz embossed background using the bigshot. I cut out 3 circles with a circle punch and added a brad to each.
Colors: Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Black

14 comments:

Patty Gorka said...

Ooo, I really like this card. You are right, just adding a touch of black can make all the difference! Thanks for sharing some tips with us.

Unknown said...

Very cute! Love the pink and green!

Jen Z. said...

I absolutely agree with the black under the layers...it just makes the colors pop in such a classy way...well done! :)

MiamiKel said...

Such a sweet and lovely card! I love the tips that you gave, too!

Jacquel said...

Love your card! It's really pretty...tfs!

I'm glad I found your blog again....I want to play in your challenges!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

so cute, great card.

paige said...

Pretty card! TFS the card tips, they are a good reminder.

Michelle said...

trish this card is so pretty...i love this color combo... TFS!
michelle

kiwi-creations said...

Great tips, love the embossing.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the embossed panels. Lovely. :-)

Fleming Printing said...

LOVE the card and the pink and green really pop!

Michelle VP said...

Sooooo pretty! Love the colors and you're right on with your tips. :)

Kim Pope said...

Very pretty. I love the color combo.