Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Queen... QFTD77



I guess I was feeling Christmas-y this week as I made the cards for this week's Queen.
Come on Splitcoast and play along with the Queen for the Day Challenge.

The first card uses a retired set "Two Cool Dudes". I had fun inking it up with yellow, then rock and roll orange. I really like how it turned out. I also stamped snowflakes on the orange piece which you can't really see in the picture. The background is embossed and I used ribbon and 3 rhinestones to finish it off. This card was also for the color challenge this week - Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Cajun Craze.



For this card I used my favorite new set "Beautiful Season" and I stamped the bird first. I cut out a mask to lay overtop the stamped image and stamped the background stamp "French Filigree" and sponged. Added some fun ribbon and button embellishments and also STAPLES!

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Awesome samples, Trish!! I can't wait to see who the next Quuen is.
It's a great idea to get a headstart on the Christmas cards, it will be here before we know it.

jimlynn said...

Both are great cards for Christmas! So very pretty. I guess Christmas will be here before you know it.
Lynn