Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2 for 2

I'm home on a sick day with my son, so I have some time to make cards!!  (I'm not neglecting him, he's feeling mostly better now and playing happily!)

I took two challenges - color challenge and a layout and made 2 different cards with some of the same elements.  The color challenge is from Splitcoast from last week - more mustard, old olive and midnight must (I also used very vanilla).
The layout is from Retrosketches.  I made one vertical and one horizontal.




  I made this one to be a male birthday card.  I used chevron embossing and a glimmer brad.  See how I cut the framelit shape (green) to be only behind the top half.

 For this one I embossed with pewter the music notes in the background.  The flower is 3 layers cut out and popped up on each other.  I embossed on the flag strips and also used my new Simply Scored plate for some scoring patterns on the bottom of the card.  Added two buttons to finish it off.

No comments: