Friday, October 23, 2009

A few simple techniques

Here's a cute little tag I created using a few simple techniques:
1. Punched corners: Here I used the ticket corner punch, but there are other punches you can use to make a great look.
2. Inked edges: Simply run the edge of the cardstock directly against the ink pad. You can experiment with the angles and how much ink you use. You can also do it with more than one color ink pad. I sometimes use white first, then a darker color. This technique adds a fun look to your edge.
3. Silver poppin pastels: Here's my version of poppin pastels. I used Encore Silver ink. I then applied pastel to part of the image. I left the antlers silver for this image. This is a fun technique and kind of makes Rudolph look fuzzy.

Stampin' Up! Supplies: Eyelet, Ticket Corner Punch, Circle Punch, silver cord, Many Merry Messages, Dasher
Colors: Kraft, White, Soft Suede, Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper

1 comment:

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, I've never done the poppin' pastels with silver ink before. Very nice! :)