Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wet Watercolor



This card is for Color Challenge 271 on Splitcoast Stampers. Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron.

I decided to keep it clean and leave lots of white space. I wanted to use my colors in the layering.

Try this: Layers don't need to go around the whole outside edge. See my So Saffron layer that doesn't extend all the way down around the purple. You can also split your layer between two colors ie. have half the frame black and the other half green.

The technique I used was to wet the stamp then color directly on with watercolor crayons before stamping. I stamped on glossy paper.



Stamp sets: Of the Earth (hostess set), Short & Sweet
Embellishments: word window punch, so saffron ribbon, brads, piercing, lattice embossing folder

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Cool technique! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...cheers!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, this is really cool! It changes the whole feel of the stamp...LOVE it!!