Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Faux tearing with butterflies



I wanted to make a really clean and simple card and I wanted to give faux tearing a try. This is a one layer card, with the butterflies and button added.



To make the stripe of color I tore tow pieces of paper and put them overtop my card so that only one stripe of my card was showing. I sponged 3 colors of ink - baja breeze, marina mist and crumb cake.

The butterflies are made with the beautiful wings embosslit and I layered them.

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

So unique! Very pretty and I love your butterflies too.
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

What a great technique...the results are sooo pretty!!!!! Love how you added the butterflies and buttons, too!!!!

HappyCrafter said...

Very pretty, I like how the butterflies were punched out of dp so that they have a pattern.

Helen said...

What a unique card!