Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cherry Cobbler POP



This card started with a sketch from Splitcoast and colors from two color challenges that I acidentally mixed up. The colors I used are Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla. The designer series paper is Elegant Soiree, I just love this stuff!



I used watercolor paper, stamped the flower and blended with green, then I added the red. Then I stamped the flowers again on watercolor with StazOn black and colored with cherry cobbler and cut out and popped up over the original panel (Today's Ways to Use challenge at Splitcoast was to POP it up. The other thing I did to the panel was to glue the die cut leaves on and run it through the Big Shot with embossing folder to texture it all. (This was not my original idea, I saw it on a couple different cards recently).



I added a tiny strip of vanilla with the ribbon punch and a very vanilla ribbon. I REALLY LOVE how this turned out!

By the way, the flowers are from Fifth Ave Floral stamp set from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW Trish! This is just gorgeous!! So very pretty.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.
Lynn

Pam~ said...

Exquisite card! Love the texture, color and layout! Awesome job cutting out your flowers too.