Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheerful and Yellow!



This card was inspired by this lovely card from coriefoster. I changed the colors and stamp set and embellishments.

I made the two rectangles of color by putting my clear block directly onto the ink pad and then stamping onto the card. A fun technique!



I think the piercing and embellishments really add to this card. I'm finding that a lot of what makes a card is in the details! I'm starting to use my embellishments more. Often one extra layer, texture or something, just sometimes make the card so much more special!

Stamp set: Three Little Words
Colors: Daffodil delight, white, certainly celery
Embellishments: Scallop trim punch, wide striped ribbon, linen thread, buttons, clear blocks, piercing!

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

LOVELY!!! I really like that technique and the yellow is just beautiful. Wonderful card.
Lynn