Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Queen... QFTD108

My two cards for this week's Queen - Charlene {LilLuvsStampin}
I hope you come play along with the Queen for the Day Challenge.

I've been gone for a week and so this is my first card in a week!  I tried to get caught up on a few challenges...
1) Technique Lovers Challenge - create your own faux embossing (use punches or die cuts of the same color on your background).  I immediately thought of using this fun die - Tasteful Trim
2) CAS challenge - scallops
3) Color Challenge - Tangerine Tango (I don't have any so I used CALYPSO CORAL), Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
4) Of course - the Queen for the Day Challenge.  I was inspired by Charlene's card.

I am having fun finding different ways of using my edgelits and embossing.  Here I did a fairly wide strip and embossed the middle.
I added dots to my lily with marker and also colored it a bit with versamarker.  The leaves are from the bird wing punch and I also colored a bit with versamarker.

I used my edgelits to create the rainbow!!!!  Also for the "grass".  I used the cupcake punch to make the clouds.
I just got this fun set and what I did when I was mounting it was I cut the sentiments off so I can use them separately.  Then I think I will be more creative with them.  I actually curved the sentiment a bit when sticking it on to my clear block so it would follow the curve of the rainbow.

I also paper pieced this fun image with 3 colors of paper and also stamped on the main card base so the little details (antennae and bow) would show up without fancy cutting!
I think this will make a good card for many occasions and even cute for a little boy.
I was inspired by Charlene's card here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Beautiful use of the Edgelits and the Tasteful Trim Dies. I love the way you have added the dots to the lily too.