Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Argyle Quilt Silhouette Shadow


I just love this stamp set - its so versatile to use with so many techniques!  And these framelits also!

The colors today at Splitcoast were Pool Party, Island Indigo and white.  I stamped the flower image twice in the lighter blue, then stamped overtop with the darker blue (slightly off).  So it gives a neat shadow look.

I was inspired by the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I punched some squares and embossed them onto my white paper with the argyle embossing folder.

I used a part of this apothecary framelit shape and layered it with a blue one.  At the bottom edge I put my dotted scallop ribbon punched border and some white ribbon.

7 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very pretty!! Love the color combo!! Love the use of the embossing folder- very nice!!! Great accents!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Shannon said...

Love that EF, just got it last week, hee hee. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the framelits are a great focal shape for the card.Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Trish! Love the embossing and these flowers in blue.

LeroyLime said...

GREAT colors!! And that new EF, squeal!! LOVE IT! Can't wait till we move and unpack so I can order the new stuff! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Anonymous said...

Love how the embossed background looks like it's quilted. I also love how you stamped the flower image. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie said...

I love that strip down the side of your paper. Will have to remember that as it adds a great touch for a simple card. This set is on my wish list and can't wait to order it. Your card helped move it to the top. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkypinkies said...

So pretty! I love your layering and embossing, and the color combo is very appealing! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika