Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Queen... QFTD129

My two cards for the QUEEN this week.  Come take a look at the Queen for the Day Challenge and come play along.
 
I loved Peggy's layout for this card.  Actually the angles of the triangles were the hardest part to figure out.  I mixed a few oranges (not my usual go-to color) and made this with a cupcake so it would be suitable for boy or girl (or even adult!)  I loved the brads on Peggy's card too, but I didn't think with the shape of my sentiment it would work very well, so I tried a bit of white twine.


 
I love her very simple bike on kraft.  I tried a few different colors, although I loved hers.  I also changed the placement of some things.  I added some piercing and faux stitching in the corners and am not sure if I like it.  I think it makes it a bit too busy.  The colors of this are kraft (crumb cake), real red, baja breeze and midnight muse.


I colored the bike image with the midnight muse marker except for the flowers I colored in the lighter blue and red.

No comments: