Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweetheart - original



When I was debating getting the Sweetheart stamp set I really wanted to make sure I could make cards (and scrapbook pages) that would be fun and I didn't want to get bored of the set. I finally decided to get it to go with the treat cups. Here are two original projects I created using the Sweetheart stamp set...

For the sunflower I only inked one part of the stamp - just one leaf. I stamped in a circle with yellow. I then made two masks and stamped in orange. For the center I cut out one larger circle and a bunch of small circles with my crop a dile.

The panel in the background is texturz embossed with the Big Shot. I used a bit of Chocolate Chip tafetta ribbon and I distressed the edges of one of my layers. Here's the close up...



Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla

I wanted to make another original card, still using that same part of the stamp. I was going to make another flower, but when I had it part-way stamped it reminded me of a peacock. So I punched a few shapes - circle, word window and boho blossoms to finish this off as a peacock. I cut around the stamped part and popped it up on the panel.



I embossed the background with texturz and my Big Shot. I used a tag die cut to put the ribbon on for a Stampin' Addicts sketch.



Colors: Almost Amythyst, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Black

Thanks for looking. I hope this inspires you to see your stamp sets in a new way and create something unique!

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Trish, these are great! Love that little peacock. How clever and just too cute.

Michelle said...

Hi Trish

Thought I would pop over and check out your blog after your lovely comment on my SCS card. I love these two cards, very clever use of the stamp set. The peacock is really cute, well done.