Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Queen... QFTD124

I made these 2 cards for the Queen for the Day - #124 - Queen Sue!

For this card I used the tree image from "Serene Silhouettes".  One of the reasons I bought this set was to use this tree image for masculine cards.  I colored the tree with midnight, basic gray and black and then spritzed with water.
The colors on this are: Midnight Muse, Sahara Sand and black.
I reached for some items I haven't used in a LONG time, eyelets (and the crop-a-dile) and twine.


This card was made using a color challenge.  Primrose Petals, Baja Breeze and Summer Starfruit.
I minimized the Starfruit because I didn't want it to overwhelm.  I stamped the flower image in baja breeze ink on the same color paper for a subtle look. 
I had some fun with shapes, piercing, rhinestones and the fun new ribbon.


Hope you come join in with the Queen for the Day Challenge here.

No comments: