Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Queen... QFTD126

I made these two cards for our Queen this week...


 For this first one I brayered a sunset.  This is what it looked like without stamping...
I masked off the bottom left corner with a piece of torn paper.  I brayered yellow, then orange, then red.  I took the paper off and sponged in brown and black in the bottom area (so it hopefully looks like a hill).
I stamped the trees with Staz On black, but it didn't show up as well as I wanted, so I colored the image in with black marker.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  The trees are from "Evergreen" and a retired set "Branch Out"

For this card I used my square punch and punched out 6 pieces of patterned paper.  Added a piece of ribbon with a stapler, punched out the sentiment and pierced some holes and used a marker to connect the dots (faux stitching).
Really simple to make.  I used some colors I don't normally put together and I'm happy with how it looks.

I really hope you come play along with the Queen for the Day Challenge.



No comments: