Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beautiful butterflies - monochromatic red



Here's the card I made today. It's for a bunch of challenges that work together really well. I haven't played along with any challenges recently and I was so pleased to find all these that really sparked an idea in my head.

Today's Ways to Use it challenge on Splitcoast - butterflies!
Pals Paper Arts - inspiration photo
Just Add Ink - monochromatic
SUOnly Challenges - add bling!



I even decorated the inside - which you can see a little bit.

First I started out with a butterfly die cut - negative space. I stamped the rose from 5th Ave Floral in the "masked" area. I also sponged with two shades of red.
Then I added a bunch of beautiful wings embosslit butterflies (in different shades of red - real red, riding hood red, cherry cobbler - in keeping with the monochromatic theme!) I LOVE monochromatic!

I stamped the sentiment from Hodgepodge Happiness (which matched so well!) and added ribbon and rhinestones! Voila! I'm so pleased with this one!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very beautiful card!

Kim said...

Great card Trish. Love what you did with the large butterfly. Thanks for taking a moment to stop by my blog!

Lisa Hensley said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!

Hands On said...

I am in awe of that stunning butterfly. I must case!!!

Paula Dobson said...

Very pretty card. love all the butterflies :-)

Pam~ said...

So creative ... love it!

Rachel Moore said...

love the colour read is so effective for monochrome, love the butterflies too

Patrice said...

Your card is lovely, the red is a terrific colour for monochrome. Thanks for playing with the Just Add Ink team.

AJ said...

WOW!! What a stunning card! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful - the butterflies capture the essence of the photo perfectly! Thanks for all of your kind words and visits!

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Trish. What you did with the Fifth Avenue Floral rose, and the butterfly negative, is truly inspired! Might just have to CASE this idea :)

Dawn Gross said...

Butterfly is gorgeous!!

Melanie C said...

Great card. I love the butterflies. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts!

Mae's Cachet said...

I really like your butterfly using the negative part of a die and also adding the flower stamp image to adding a lovely pattern to the sponged butterfly.